The Healing Center offers a variety of rewarding opportunities for generous and compassionate people who would like to make a difference in the lives of grieving children, teens, and adults. Each year, over 100 volunteers participate in Healing Center programs.
Be a Group Facilitator
- Work with grieving children, teens, and adults as they begin their journeys toward hope and healing.
- No prior experience is necessary to become a Healing Center group leader. Once you complete the application process and have been chosen to participate, you will train with our Clinical Team. All group leaders complete a 20 hour training to learn the skills necessary to be a grief support group volunteer.
Volunteer at our Special Events
- Register runners for the St. Patrick’s Day Dash, an annual fun run of which The Healing Center is a beneficiary.
- Join us in supporting over 150 clients as they walk in memory of their partner or spouse, mom or dad, or someone close in our annual May Walk.
- Volunteer at our annual Gala and Auction hosted by the Detlef Schrempf Foundation.
- Help us prepare for and run our Fall Event.
- Assist in the Ceremony of Remembrance in the fall and our Holiday Party in December.
Assist in The Healing Center office
- Help with mailings and preparation for our Special Events.
- Help our office staff in the important daily work of The Healing Center.
- Help with technical issues like making adjustments to Salesforce, our client and donor database.
Become a Member of The Healing Center Board or of a Board Committee
- Be a leader at The Healing Center and help us with big picture planning, strategy, fundraising, and other large projects.
Contact us for more information. For volunteering with groups or clients, please contact our Clinical Director, Jen McCormick at email@example.com. For volunteering at events or in The Healing Center office, please contact our Program Coordinator, Kaylyn Driscoll at firstname.lastname@example.org.